Friday, May 12, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream

Ha! See my Shakespeare quote up there? I'm really tickled by it. I know it's lame, but it made me laugh.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway . . . .

Here I am at work. Not working. At 7:30 in the morning, which feels like a totally god-forsaken hour of the day. Actually, the funny thing is that this is when I normally come to work. But the last couple of days I’ve been freakin’ EXHAUSTED. There doesn’t really seem to be a reason for it, either. I’ve been going to bed early (well, earliER, anyway), I haven’t been eating or drinking crap right before bed the last couple of nights (which I’m reasonably proud of), so I’ve been sleeping well. Beats me.

In truth, I think it might be the fact that the last couple of nights I haven’t been eating and drinking loads of junk. Stopping a couple nights ago directly correlates with how tired I’ve been the last couple of days. I don’t think the junk food helps me sleep better in and of itself; I just think it sedates whatever is going on in my psyche. I say this because the last couple of nights, I’ve gotten more sleep than usual, I’m MORE tired than before and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’ve been dreaming. I NEVER dream, at least not that I can ever remember in the morning. But the last couple of nights, I know I’ve been dreaming. I still can’t remember them when I wake up (which makes the suggestion, “Write them down” a little hard to execute), but I have this feeling like I’ve been busy all night. Not physically active, just mentally active. So I staggered out of bed at 6:15 the last couple of mornings, when usually I’m up and perfectly fine around 5:30 or so.

::::sigh:::: I guess this is a positive. It means that whatever it is that I’m trying to hide from by eating and drinking myself into a damn stupor is finally surfacing. I just wish I could not be tired while it surfaces. :P

I may post again later today; I’ve got to start going back to the gym and I feel the need to rant. But I also feel the need to go to work, since, oh, I don’t know, THEY’RE PAYING ME TO WORK, NOT BLOG. Just a thought. I can rationalize spending 10 minutes on the computer; much more than that gets a little tough. :P

2 comments:

Caro said...

Wouldn't it be cool if they paid us to blog?

I'm chronically tired so I hear you.

Hope it improves.

Marste said...

It would be GREAT if they paid us for it!! Nice . . . :D

Yeah, I keep reminding myself that I'm eating better, so hopefully I'll start FEELING better, too. :P